I am finally 23! I have been waiting for this birthday since I turned 21, because everyone else made their "Jordan Year" celebration look so exciting.
For those who do not know, the 23rd birthday is often referred to as the "Jordan Year" because Michael Jordan's number was 23 while he was playing in the NBA. I think everyone can agree that Jordan was the best of all time (we can discuss this further in a later post), therefore, the 23rd year of life is supposed to be a year of greatness.
Since my birthday lands on a Tuesday (and since I am in law school) I don't have big plans this year. I'm going to keep it simple and grab some dinner with the familia. I should probably also practice self-care by hitting the gym after class.
Though I don't have big plans for tonight, I do have big plans for this year. Here are a few of them:
- Maintain this blog page and reach 200 subscribers.
- Create a YouTube channel that will go along with this page.
- Get A's in my law school courses.
- Travel outside of the country and finally use my passport.
- Stay committed to the gym and a healthy diet to achieve my body goals.
- Increase my credit score by 50 points.
- Save money to buy my own house.
- Help 10 strangers.
I figure that if I do all, if not most, of these things, then I will really be poppin' by my 24th birthday. I want my 23rd year of life to be full of growth, self-love, and joy.